NaI(Tl) scintillator is widely applied to nuclear medicine,environmental measurements, geophysics,high energy physic,radiation detection etc.
NaI(Tl) is the most widely used scintillation material because of cost-effective.It has higher light output, higher detection efficiency,larger-size available and more cost-effective comparing with other scintillation materials.NaI(TI) is hygroscopic and must be hermetically encapsulated in housing (Stainless Steel, Titanium Alloy, Al housing alternative).
The NaI(Tl) scintillator has high light output and good energy resolution, making it well-suited for use in applications such as gamma spectrometry and medical imaging. However, it is also hygroscopic, meaning it can absorb moisture from the air which can degrade its performance over time.
We can customize your crystal shape and size:
Shape: cylinder, cubic, end-well, side open well.
Size: φ10mm---φ25mm, φ40mm,2inch, 3inch, 4inch, 5inch, 6inch.
NaI(Tl) scintillator holds many strengths:
1. High Light Output: When compared to other scintillator materials, NaI(Tl) has a high light output, which means it produces more photons per unit of energy deposited. This results in a higher sensitivity and better spectral resolution.
2. Good Energy Resolution: The energy resolution of a scintillator determines how well it can differentiate between different energy levels of radiation. NaI(Tl) has good energy resolution, meaning it can accurately identify and measure the energy of incoming radiation.
3. Wide Dynamic Range: The NaI(Tl) scintillator can detect both low and high-energy radiation, making it useful in a wide range of applications.
4. Cost-Effective: NaI(Tl) is a relatively inexpensive scintillator material, making it a cost-effective option for many types of radiation detection applications.
5. Robustness: NaI(Tl) is a robust material that can withstand high levels of radiation exposure without degrading over time.
Overall, the NaI(Tl) scintillator is a reliable and versatile detector in the field of radiation detection, offering high sensitivity, good spectral resolution, and a broad dynamic range at a relatively low cost.
Post time: May-05-2023